Private Family Camping
Sleeping under the stars, cooking meals over an open fire, fishing in the stream, and watching delighted children splashing in the water and discovering the outdoors - it doesn't get much better than that.
The Dark Ridge Creek campsite is a clear testament to our commitment to provide our owners to a wonderful world of both man-made and natural amenities. And the best part is, it's all tucked away inside the gates of the community. The camp is truly a magical place, complete with;
- Large covered open-air pavilion with outdoor grill and adjacent fire pit
- Comfortable rockers and Adirondack chairs
- Dark Ridge Creek for trout fishing
- Several walking and riding trails
- A well where campers can pump their own fresh mountain water
- Sleeping accommodations including two enclosed bunkhouses and numerous private tent areas
- Horse paddock enabling riders to bring their horses down for both day and overnight camping
Residents can bring their own personal gear, or they can visit the Outfitters Post at the Nature Center and borrow everything from tents and sleeping bags to pots and pans.
View the family camping photo gallery.
“My favorite spot on the property is Dark Ridge camp; we can cook out and camp, and the creek widens there so you can wade or do some fly fishing. It’s simply a wonderful spot to play with the family, cooking hot dogs and making s’mores.”
Joyce Ossman, Sylva, North Carolina