A Private Club Community Located Inside A Nature Preserve
Located near Asheville in Western North Carolina
"One of the main reasons Julie and I chose Balsam Mountain Preserve as the place to build our retirement home was our intense interest in nature. We were striving to find a place where we could live in, learn about, and participate in the beauty of our surroundings".
- Sam Belfore, Ormond Beach, Florida
The lowest density private Club community in the western North Carolina mountains, just 40 minutes from downtown Asheville, Balsam Mountain Preserve offers a concept rarely found in today’s homogenized, digitized world – a true sense of place.
Marvel at the authentic and architecturally diverse homes that already nestle into this high elevation 4,400 acre private community. Created with a commitment to preserve its natural surroundings, over 3,400 acres, or nearly 75% of the community, has been placed in a permanent conservation easement, ensuring it will never be developed and will always remain for future generations in its present park-like state.
Members select from an impressive array of family and individual activities – from championship golf and tennis courts, to miles of hiking trails and private family camping.
The selection of Real Estate offerings include dramatic mountain view homesites with elevations up to 4,700 feet, Featured Builder homes, and a very special Private Residence Club that is available to just 40 families.
"We had been looking for a place in the mountains for over three years, and visited just about every community imaginable. After 15 minutes, we knew we were home"
- Bill and Ohara Croswell, Ridgeland, Mississippi
Honors and Accolades for Balsam Mountain Preserve
- #1 Golf Community in the Southeast, RealEstateScorcard.com, 2013
- Top 5 Mountain Golf Courses in N.C., Business N.C. Magazine, 2013
- Best Equestrian Community, RealEstateScorecard.com, 2012
- #2 Best Course in the Ashevile area, Business N.C. Magazine, 2010
- A ‘Vanguard Level’ Green Golf Community, Golf Course Home Network, 2009
- Best New Course in North Carolina, Business N.C. Magazine, 2009
- Top 100 Communities in the U.S., Travel + Leisure Golf, 2008, 2009.
- Best of the Best, Top 20 Communities in the U.S., Links Magazine, 2009
- Winner “Best Preservation Practices” and “Best Outdoor Fun”, Mountain Homes Magazine, 2009
- “11th Best New Private Course in the U.S.”, Golf Digest, 2008
- One of America's Top 100 Premier Properties, Links Magazine, 2007-2009